Sunday, December 21, 2008

12 Days of Christmas Tag

My friend Sara sent this to me and I have been meaning to do it. I figured I only had a couple days left to get it done so here it is.

1 embarrassing moment: A few years back I asked a lady when her baby was due because I knew she was expecting soon only to have her say I had my baby 2 months ago. I was mortified and felt awful. Me and my big mouth sometimes. I still feel rotten about it.

2 best friends: I will say Barry and Heather because I talk to both of them on a daily basis.

3 things you buy regularly: Milk, Eggs, and Ice Cream

4 places you want to go (and might actually really go): Salt Lake City, St George, Concordia, MO, and the 7-11 (I kept my expectations low because we probably really won't go anywhere).

5 goals for the upcoming year (that you might actually do): Don't sweat the small stuff, Teach Vallie to write her ABC's and 123's, Get Brahm weaned, Get all my Christmas stuff done before Thanksgiving, and eat ice cream at least once a week (notice how I didn't say exercise daily because that I would never do).

6 things most people don't know about you: I hate taking showers (I do shower in case you were wondering but ugh what a waste of time), Vallie and I both have birthmarks in the same exact place on our back that look exactly the same, I am a junk-a-holic, I am a 5th generation southern Nevadan, I hate video games and television, and I almost never make it to bed before 11 o'clock because I have so much I want to get done.

7 things you would never say: "I can't wait until school starts up again" (I love having Barry Bretton around all day), "Let's get a pet" (not an animal lover), Crude humor, the Lord's name in vain, "I hope we live in Las Vegas forever", "I can't wait until Sept to turn 30 years old", "I just finished the best book"

8 things you love about the Christmas season: Cooking all day long, the uncontainable excitement on Christmas Eve, Visiting friends and family, the peace of being completely "finished", Hot Chocolate, Christmas Music, grocery shopping, and this year nursing Brahm in the dark morning with the Christmas tree lights on.

9 things you say to your kids: "I love you!", "one, two...three" (why do I have to count for them to take me serious), "Hurry up, we are going to be late" (I hate being late), "See you in the morning", "I need a hug", "Barry Bretton, how old are you?" (usually cause he says he is to little to get dressed by himself), "Can you play nicely for just a minute so I can call Sister____ to check on her", "Make good choices" (when Barry Bretton leaves for school), "Your my sweet baby boy/girl"

10 things you do a lot: Laundry, Dishes, talk on the phone, pick up toys, clean off my counters (which may I add are always cluttered lately), cook, wake up with Vallie cause of nightmare (I swear I hate Halloween, she is still waking up with nightmares cause of "hallo ween stuff in her room"), pray, walk up and down the stair cause I forgot something and read with the kids.

11 things you would rather not live without: my family, the gospel, my car, the telephone, email, indoor plumbing, mascara, washing machines, Mentholatum, modern medicine, hair elastics.

12 people to tag: The whole 12 people who maybe read my blog.

6 comments:

Annie said...

I read your blog...can I be tagged??

PS, I just read the best book!!! :)

I loved your post!

Angie said...

This was fun to read. I love ice cream just as much as you. I had peppermint ice cream last night and it was so good. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!! Thanks for your wonderful friendship!

Sara said...

I'm glad you did this tag:) That's crazy that you and Vallie have a birthmark in the same spot, and that looks the same...too funny! I should have put "eat ice cream at least once a week" on my new years goals, too...That I would for sure do with no problem:)LOL.

Anonymous said...

I just love reading these...I learn so much about you. Thanks for sharing!

Sadie said...

It is fun to learn a little more about you and I loved the rundown you did on Barry for his birthday. He is so quiet you would never guess half the stuff. Tell him he can come live next to us. It's potato fields and grain fields on all sides. And it takes us close to two hours to mow our lawn on a riding lawn mower.

Sadie said...

I have actually seen a few realty signs up for farms. The houses probably aren't much but hey it's Idaho. :) Life is definately different here. It took me a year to get used to it and I grew up here. I love it now. Small and quiet. Good people and safe communities. And it's pretty cheap to live here, house wise.