Saturday, April 12, 2008

Turtle

This happened a little while back and Barry Bretton reminded me of it the other day so I needed to write it down so that I did not forget it. BR and I awoke in the middle of the night to hear a blood curdling scream and then Barry Bretton yelling. So we both raced into his bedroom as fast as we could to see what was going on only to find Barry Bretton curled up at the top of his bed crying and yelling, "the turtle is going to get me". I realized he was having a nightmare about a turtle seeming so real to him that even when he was awake he thought a turtle was really in his bed. He never had a nightmare before so I was going to calmly explain to him it was only a nightmare and was not real. However before I could get a word out, BR immediately jumped on the bed, asks Barry Bretton, "Is this the turtle?" and started punching the imaginary turtle over and over again. Then he proceeded to throw it down on the ground, wrestle around with it only to stand up and kick it out the door and down the hallway. I was standing there shocked thinking what is the world just happened. BR then came back into the room and told Barry Bretton the turtle was gone and would not be coming back. Barry Bretton snuggled right back down and went right to sleep. I couldn't believe what I just saw and had to start laughing because it was so funny to see BR, in the middle of the night, kicking an imaginary turtles butt. Wow, Boys and girls are so different. Although I will tell you what, thanks to our turtle fighting friend we have not had anymore problems with "turtles" at our house.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

brbulow said...

What an embellishment.

Taylor family said...

That is so funny! I laugh every time I picture it.

The Baker said...

doesn't it just amaze you how good our husbands really are. that is so cute....nice job BR

Angie said...

I just wish you could have videotaped this! I will have to have John read this post so he'll know what to do if any turtles come to our house! I love how blogging helps us record all these funny events in our lives. Hope you guys have a nice Sunday!

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

Holy Cow!! That is great. I am laughing out loud. That is the best way to get rid of those nasty turtles! Props to BR

Todd & Rakel Gardner said...

I totally remember you telling us about this, and even just randomly think about it. It is still just as funny to hear the story the second time as it was the first time.