Friday, February 10, 2012

Christmas

We had a great Christmas this year. So here is a quick recap since it is February. The new tradition I started this year is each sibling has one sibling to do a gift for. But the catch is they have to make the gift for them. Everyone was responsible for coming up with their own idea and carrying it out to the best of their own ability. It was a huge success. The kids took it and ran with it. Brahm needed help though.


Vallie had Brahm this year. She wanted to make him a puzzle. She colored a picture of a tractor. Then glued it to a board. Dad help her use the jigsaw to cut it into pieces and then she sewed a little bag for him to keep all the pieces in. She did a terrific job and Brahm loved it.

Brahm had Barry Bretton. He (with alot of my help) sewed him a colored pencil and paper holder so he can take art projects with him on the go.
In the summer Barry Bretton wanted to learn how to knit. He begged me every day to teach him how to KNIT (I know, not your average 8 year old boy wants to learn to knit). Well the problem is his mother has no idea how to knit. So with the help of the sweetest little old lady, Sister Adams, in our ward, I learned how to knit and in turn taught him how. He knitted Vallie the cutest little purse for Christmas.

Our homemade gifts were a huge hit and they taught the kids so much. Needless to say, they will stay a tradition at our house. As for Santa....
He brought a sword set for Brahm.
Fairies for Vallie

And a Kindle touch for Barry.

Sidenote-I convinced Barry Bretton with all the reading he does he needed to ask Santa for a kindle so he could read all the classics for free. He has been pouring through books on it . Much to my disapproval, he stays up until at least 10 pm every night reading it under his covers. I finally have to get after him to go to bed. I think there are worse habits but I swear this kid requires less sleep than it do. I know I should be ashamed but in his nine years he has read more books than I have in my 32 years. He is defiantly inspiring me to read good literature.


We were so blessed this Christmas and are so grateful to have our wonderful family and the gift of the Savior. Christ brings such joy and hope into our lives.

1 comments:

Angie said...

I love your idea to have the kids make gifts for each other. Such a good idea to bring the true Christmas spirit.