Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pet Needed


The other morning I was curling my hair when I realised, Hey it is much to quite around here. What are the kids up to? So I go to check on them and see this. You have to know that Barry Bretton and Vallie both want a pet so bad. I mean they practically ask for one on a daily basis. I am completely not a pet person. It must go back to my childhood and a huge, slobbery dog we had (think of The Beast in the movie Sandlot). I swore we would never have a pet. But when you come downstairs to see your kids playing with their "fish" in their Tupperware "fishbowl", it kind of melts your heart. The fish were out of the game, Bubba the Bottom Feeder which may I add is so cute for kids learning how to swim. Anyways, I can't say that I am ready to take the pet plunge yet but I think I might have to re-evaluate my no pet policy.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, they are so cute! Bekah has a fish and I'm surprised how long he has lasted. Maybe you could start with a fish because they aren't a whole lot of work, except for remembering to feed them and cleaning out their bowl. I don't think I could handle another pet until my kids are a little older.

Taralee said...

That's so cute!! I'm determined that we're not getting a pet (bigger than my hand) until I'm done having babies. Brinley has done a few cute things like this to me too. We did end up getting a fish for a while until it died. Right now I'm happy to say we have NO pets :) (FYI, I do like animals, just not in my house and that I have to take care of) :)

Sara said...

Oh, they look so sweet:) Madi wants a puppy so bad, but we keep telling her we have to wait until we buy a house! I'm not sure what my excuse will be once we actually move into a house:) I'd love my kids to have a pet too, just not anytime soon...too much work!

Annie said...

Angie has the right idea...get a fish. A dog would be great, but it is a lot of work and it seems like you might have your hands full right now. A fish, or maybe a hamster or something. I had a hamster once...I named him "hampy". I have some good memories of him, but you gotta watch out cause they do bite. There are a lot of "low maintenance" pets out there, you just have to look. Take them to the pet store, they would love it. I take Aiden all of the time to look at the birds, he loves it!

Ruth said...

If you do decide to get a fish, get a small tank with air instead of just a bowl. We did and our goldfish lived for 2 or 3 years. And it was just one of those goldfish you get at a carnival fish pond! They are pretty low maintenance. Good luck!