Friday, August 6, 2010

Drum roll please...........

Introducing an event so BIG it took just over a year to happen!
Defiantly the event of the summer (in the Bulow household)!
Come one, come all. Step right up to see the unveiling of Chateau De Bulow.
You heard that right! Yes, we signed on our home today and I am sure you would have guessed we are over the moon about it. It needs quit a bit of work done to it before we can move in but we are hoping to be able to move-in in a couple of weekends.
My favorite feature about the house is the kitchen. It is huge! I can't wait to whip something up in it (like a whole Thanksgiving dinner in August). This is what it looks like today but we are going to make some minor changes to it (ie. paint) plus some not so minor ones like installing a double oven!
We spent the day there getting quotes on fixing things. The kids are so excited!
This is the kids favorite feature of the house. One of the cupboard doors is missing in the butlers pantry (remember me saying there is alot of work to do, well this is a minor one) and they think is their little playhouse. They just climb right inside and eat (there is a shelf in there that makes a perfect table), color, or anything else they can imagine. We might just have to keep their "playhouse" for a while.
So if you are in the neighborhood, stop on by we will give you a tour. Better yet if you have a truck, we'll load you up and meet you over there:)

9 comments:

sabrina said...

I am so happy for you!!! it looks great. I know all about the fixing things but at least you will be able to make it the way you want it!!! Congrats!! Let us know the address.

craftyashley said...

AMAZING pad, Tara! Let me know if I can help painting or something! And Logan's down for loading things into trucks!
So sad it's far away, but that's why we have the internet! :)

Sadie said...

Holy smokes Tara it's beautiful!!! Congrats! LoVe it!! Have fun putting together your new house. Post lots of pics of all your nifty projects cause I know you are full of them

Heidi said...

How exciting! What part of town? What Ward will you guys be in?? So happy for you guys! You SO deserve it!

Angie said...

That is great news! I know it's been a long road finding a home and I am so excited for you! Congrats!

Shannon said...

YAY!! I'm so happy you guys finally found something! The home is beautiful & I'm completely green with jealousy over the size of that kitchen! You definitely scored there!

Tell Barry I said hello to the Princess for him & she said hello back. She even went on to comment about how she would never forget that "crazy Elder". THAT I could not picture. lol

I wish you the best on your big move & remodel!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Kellee and Courtney said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations. It has taken awhile but it looks absolutely amazing.

The Covington Fam said...

AWESOME! It looks amazing! Congratulations! :)