This weekend we went to Ely, Nevada to catch a train to the North Pole to see Santa Clause. Our good friends the Rickey's came with us. We had so much fun and it was my first time ever on a train along with both of the kids.
This is a picture of Barry Bretton by the engine of the train. They ran a Diesel train that night. It was so cold there. I don't think I have even been anywhere colder in my whole life. The news said it was 7 degrees by 5:00 pm. Can you say Brrrrrrr! All of our feet just about froze off.
On the train we all had hot chocolate and cookies while the conductor read the book Polar Express to us.
On the train we all had hot chocolate and cookies while the conductor read the book Polar Express to us. Here we are with Santa Clause. He was great with the kids and even Vallie talked with him which is really unusual. Santa and Mrs. Clause even gave each of the train riders a gift of a bell. Here is Vallie, Barry Bretton and Clark showing off their first gift of Christmas. On the way home from the North Pole we sang Christmas Carols with everyone on the train. Definitely something we will do as a family again.





4 comments:
How fun!!! Someone was just telling us about some Polar Express train ride that takes you all these places (to make the ride longer) and I wonder if this is what they were talking about. I want to do it. Cute pictures!
That sounds like so much fun. I can't believe it was so cold! Thanks again for coming to the party and all of your help in nursery. You are just amazing!
So cute! It sounds like so much fun. I want to do it just as soon as Aiden gets old enough. What a great idea. I love the sleeping picture.
Tara! That sounds like a blast.. Noah would love that. He has been watching the Polar Express nearly every day. Can you tell me the info.? I know they do the Polar Express train in Heber UT as well... is it pricey?
Post a Comment